This intensive training course will equip participants with essential interpersonal communication skills. Participants will investigate ways to better use non-verbal communication skills, to listen better, and to apply constructive feedback techniques for any difficult conversations.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to…
- Do humans communicate in general, and how do we best bring our messages across
- What is feedback and how can we give constructive feedback, to anyone, peers, downwards or upwards
- How to engage in real active listening and understand truly what the other person is communicating to us
- COMMUNICATING TO INFLUENCE AND INSPIRE
This training session begins with a discussion of what communication skills are and why they are important skills to practice and develop. Participants will learn to identify their own listening and communication styles, and how to adjust in order to communicate effectively, express themselves assertively and inspire others.
- DELIVERING FRUITFUL FEEDBACK
This part of the course explores the steps of both giving and receiving feedback. Using case studies and real-life examples, participants will have the opportunity to practice giving feedback to peers to learn how to use language so that it will be better received in conversations and in writing.
- MANAGING UPWARDS
This session explores solutions for effectively challenging senior managers and handling difficult situations and people. Participants discuss better ways in which to communicate and deliver upward feedback. Special emphasis is placed on learning to say “no” in a positive way.
- COMMUNICATION TOOLS TO MAKE AN IMPACT
The course concludes with a review of available communication tools and the benefits and drawbacks of each. Participants will learn to adapt their messages to different styles and choosing tools that convey messages in the most appropriate way possible.
This is a highly interactive and participant-oriented course, combining…
- Concepts and theories
- Practical exercises and activities
- Real-life case studies
- Role plays with individual and group feedback sessions
2, 3 or 4 days
We deliver our services and all our courses in English, French, German, Persian, Spanish.